Re: "libmpfr.so.4" not found

    Date:        Wed, 3 Oct 2018 12:02:14 +0200
    From:        Joerg Sonnenberger <joerg%bec.de@localhost>

As I said, I know there is a bunch of configure in the tools builds, but those
ones all work, so aren't worth playing with.   This one however, doesn't.

  | It works properly. Having a broken awk around is not something I
  | generally consider a configuration I care much about. Note: broken awk,
  | not limited awk.

No, I am not concerned with that either.   It was a bit painful (mostly for
Patrick) to find, and was what caused me to actually do a new cvs update
and attempt a build (I was going to use the resulting system to help find
what the problem was... that's now not needed.)

  | Yes, the configure writes to the current directory. That's how it is
  | meant to be used. The current directory in the case of the tools builds
  | is the objdir.

Really?

This is from one of my recent builds (the same way I build all the time -
which should duplicate a standard build (/etc/mk.conf is empty for this,
that is, it uses MK_CONF=/dev/null )

dependall ===> tools/xz-include
/bin/sh /readonly/release/testing/src/tools/xz-include/../../external/public-domain/xz/dist/configure --enable-threads=no --disable-nls  CC=cc
/readonly/release/testing/src/tools/xz-include/../../external/public-domain/xz/dist/configure: cannot create configure.lineno: read-only file system
configure: error: cannot create configure.lineno; rerun with a POSIX shell

*** Failed target:  config.status
*** Failed command: /bin/sh /readonly/release/testing/src/tools/xz-include/../../external/public-domain/xz/dist/configure --enable-threads=no --disable-nls CC=cc
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake[5]: stopped in /readonly/release/testing/src/tools/xz-include

*** Failed target:  dependall
*** Failed command: cd "/readonly/release/testing/src/tools/xz-include"; /usr/obj/testing/tools/bin/nbmake realall
*** Error code 1

Stop.

(etc).

I changed it to write the config.lineno in /tmp (and source it from there)
which resulted in ...

dependall ===> tools/xz-include
/bin/sh /readonly/release/testing/src/tools/xz-include/../../external/public-domain/xz/dist/configure --enable-threads=no --disable-nls  CC=cc
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create config.log: read-only file system
*** Failed target:  config.status
*** Failed command: /bin/sh /readonly/release/testing/src/tools/xz-include/../..
/external/public-domain/xz/dist/configure --enable-threads=no --disable-nls CC=cc
*** Error code 2

Stop.

(etc until it finally quits as it works its way up the Makefiule chain)

I changed it to also put config.log in /tmp ...

dependall ===> tools/xz-include
/bin/sh /readonly/release/testing/src/tools/xz-include/../../external/public-domain/xz/dist/configure --enable-threads=no --disable-nls  CC=cc
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system

XZ Utils 5.2.4

System type:
checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-netbsd6.99
checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-netbsd6.99

Configure options:
checking if debugging code should be compiled... /tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
no
checking which encoders to build... /tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
lzma1 lzma2 delta x86 powerpc ia64 arm armthumb sparc
checking which decoders to build... /tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
lzma1 lzma2 delta x86 powerpc ia64 arm armthumb sparc
checking which match finders to build... /tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
hc3 hc4 bt2 bt3 bt4
checking which integrity checks to build... /tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
crc32 crc64 sha256
checking if external SHA-256 should be used... no
checking if assembler optimizations should be used... x86_64
checking if small size is preferred over speed... no
checking if threading support is wanted... no
checking how much RAM to assume if the real amount is unknown... 128 MiB
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create confdefs.h: read-only file system
checking if library symbol versioning should be used... no
checking if sandboxing should be used... no

checking for a shell that conforms to POSIX... /bin/sh

Initializing Automake:
checking for a BSD-compatible install... /tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create conftest.one: read-only file system
/tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create conftest.two: read-only file system
mkdir: conftest.dir: Read-only file system
install: the last argument (/readonly/release/testing/src/tools/xz-include/conftest.dir) must name an existing directory
/readonly/release/testing/src/tools/xz-include/../../external/public-domain/xz/dist/build-aux/install-sh -c
checking whether build environment is sane... /tmp/configure.lineno: cannot create conftest.file: read-only file system
configure: error: ls -t appears to fail.  Make sure there is not a broken
  alias in your environment
configure: error: newly created file is older than distributed files!
Check your system clock

*** Failed target:  config.status
*** Failed command: /bin/sh /readonly/release/testing/src/tools/xz-include/../../external/public-domain/xz/dist/configure --enable-threads=no --disable-nls CC=cc
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake[5]: stopped in /readonly/release/testing/src/tools/xz-include

*** Failed target:  dependall
*** Failed command: cd "/readonly/release/testing/src/tools/xz-include"; /usr/obj/testing/tools/bin/nbmake realall
*** Error code 1

Stop.
nbmake[4]: stopped in /readonly/release/testing/src/tools/xz-include

At which point I give up until someone who knows how to make this
really work does so...

kre