Re: Panic with recent -current with interrupt setup

Masanobu SAITOH <msaitoh%execsw.org@localhost> writes:

> On 2018/10/03 5:47, Brad Spencer wrote:
>> maya%netbsd.org@localhost writes:
>>
>>> On Tue, Oct 02, 2018 at 06:55:48AM -0400, Brad Spencer wrote:

[snip]

>> Here is more information:
>>
>> Screen shot of the panic:
>> http://www.netbsd.org/~brad/PANIC_1.jpg
>> http://www.netbsd.org/~brad/PANIC_2.jpg
>>
>> Screen shot of the ddb bt command, sorry for the quality:
>> http://www.netbsd.org/~brad/BT_1.jpg
>> http://www.netbsd.org/~brad/BT_2.jpg
>> http://www.netbsd.org/~brad/BT_3.jpg
>>
>> Hopefully I also managed to attach a couple of files that are of a
>> working NetBSD dmesg and a working xl dmesg.  The Xen version I am using
>> is 4.8.3 built from source pulled from HEAD on Saturday or so.
>>
>> This system is pretty new.  It has a 4 core Ryzen CPU, 16GB memory.  A
>> two port Intel NIC is also present, that would be wm0 and wm1 in the
>> dmesg.  The motherboard has a Intel NIC on it as well, which is wm2.
>>
>> If I do a dmesg in ddb I can get the reason for the panic:
>>
>> panic: kernel diagnostic assertion "irq2vect[irq] == 0" failed: file"/usr/src/sys/arch/xen/x86/pintr.c", line 202
>>
>> It looks like this may have triggered on the onboard wm2 interface.
>>

> Try to revert x86/pci/pci_intr_machdep.c rev. 1.45:
>
> 	http://mail-index.netbsd.org/source-changes/2018/09/23/msg099361.html

Reverting to version 1.44 of x86/pci/pci_intr_machdep.c eliminated the
panic and the system boots up.  Version 1.45 is a revert itself, but
there must be something in it that a Xen DOM0 needs.

--
Brad Spencer - brad%anduin.eldar.org@localhost - KC8VKS - http://anduin.eldar.org