/var/db/entropy-file not present

Hello,

during boot I always get the message "random_seed: /var/db/entropy-file: Not present".  random_seed is (of course) enabled in /etc/default/rc.conf.  When I type "/etc/rc.d/random_seed stop" the file /var/db/entropy-file is written and found on the next boot.  But later the file is deleted (likely by random_seed itself).  /var/db is directly in the / filesystem (not mounted).
Unfortunately the messages from random_seed to not seem to be recorded in any log file.

Carsten