Aw: Re: /var/db/entropy-file not present

> Do you happen to have do_rcshutdown=NO in rc.conf ?
>
> random_seed needs the rc.d script to run at system shutdown to save the
> seed for the next boot.   You wouldn't want the file just left there
> unchanged, or it would not be very random (after a while anyway...)

No, rcshutdown is only set to YES in /etc/default/rc.conf.  And I think random_seed is run at shutdown--who else is deleting the file?  I think the script thinks the /var/db is an unsafe filesystem.  As said I don't find a log entry unfortunately.  I see the message at boot time but on shutdown one can't read anything....

Carsten