Re: NetBSD-HEAD amd64 refuses to build

On Wed, 18 Dec 2013, Thomas Mueller wrote:
I tried with postfix, but it failed to send allegedly because my hostname
was different from e-mail address: not a problem with msmtp.

That's not enough information.  If you need help with postfix, please
start a new thread with a new Subject, and give much more information
about what goes wrong.

I believe e-mail clients configure SMTP and POP3 servers independent of
system sendmail, and independent of hostname on the computer.

The traditional unix behaviour is to have all email clients use the mail system provided by the system. Of course, you are free to do something different, but the more differences there are between your system and more typical systems, the harder it is for people to help you.

I built modular Xorg from pkgsrc, and on NetBSD-current amd64, X wouldn't
start at all.  I had same problem with OpenBSD 5.4 Live USB
http://liveusb-openbsd.sourceforge.net

If you want to talk about X not starting, please start a new thread with a new Subject. The current thread is about "NetBSD-HEAD amd64 refuses to build"

Would www interface work with lynx or links?  I built those from pkgsrc.

Try it and see.  In the worst case, you can use a web browser on
some other computer.

But some problems don't produce console output error messages, like the
screenblank bug in NetBSD 5.x and getting dark screen after returning from X.

Also, on NetBSD-current, when using more than one virtual terminal, no more
response to keyboard input, though most, but not all the time, unplugging the
mouse brings back the keyboard.

Please start a new thread with a new Subject for each bug.

--apb (Alan Barrett)