Re: Building on -current fails in cleandir

On Sun, 14 Oct 2012 11:44:42 +0200
Alan Barrett <apb%cequrux.com@localhost> wrote:

> Those settings are very strange.

As I said, they have worked for years.  The entries sort of grew over
time and I was not even sure what they all did.  I know that some of
them were pkgsrc related and I assumed that anything not needed would
simply be ignored.

> You also didn't say whether you set those variables in the
> environment or in mk.conf.  It can make sometimes a difference,
> and it always makes a difference for MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX and
> MAKEOBJDIR.
>
> Really, I'd get rid of all those variables, and use build.sh
> options instead.

Well, some of them are pkgsrc variables so I couldn't get rid of all of
them anyway.  In any case I dropped MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX and tried again
and it worked.  I was able to rebuild and install -current this morning.

> If you must use strange and unusual settings in mk.conf or in
> your enviropnment, then please mention that fact in any problem
> reports.  If I had know about your unusual variable settings, then
> I might have use similar values when I tried to replicate your
> problem, or I might have decided that it wasn't worth the trouble.
> As it is, without knowledge of your settings, I wasted an hour or
> two.

I do apologize for that.  Beer is on me if we ever get together.

I am off now to study MAKEOBJDIRPREFIX and why it acts differently in
the environment and mk.conf.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%druid.net@localhost>         |  Democracy is three
wolves