Re: Printing question

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 10:00:29PM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
> I'd still like to make plain-text printing work if I could just figure
> out how to insert the go-back-to-left-margin command!

You could try "magicfilter" from the package of the same name in "pkgsrc".
I use the following entry with an HP Laserjet 4:

hp-lj-4|colwyn|lyssa|lp:\
        :lp=9100@book-of-gquan:\
        :of=/usr/pkg/libexec/magicfilter/ljet4-filter:\
        :sd=/var/spool/output/lpd:\
        :mx#0:\
        :sh:

That allows me to print plain-text, postscript and a lot of other formats
with "lpr".

        Kind regards