Re: Printing question

On Wed, 6 Feb 2008, Matthias Scheler wrote:

On Tue, Feb 05, 2008 at 10:00:29PM -0800, Paul Goyette wrote:
I'd still like to make plain-text printing work if I could just figure
out how to insert the go-back-to-left-margin command!

You could try "magicfilter" from the package of the same name in "pkgsrc".
I use the following entry with an HP Laserjet 4:

   <snip>

That allows me to print plain-text, postscript and a lot of other formats
with "lpr".

Much better with the text, but graphics now print only in grayscale.

I guess I need to tweak the filter's ghsotscript command a bit to match my printer, rather than the generic deskjet.

Thanks to all who helped make this simple task less daunting!  :)

|   Paul Goyette   | PGP DSS Key fingerprint: |  E-mail addresses:   |
| Customer Service | FA29 0E3B 35AF E8AE 6651 |  paul%whooppee.com@localhost   |
| Network Engineer | 0786 F758 55DE 53BA 7731 | pgoyette%juniper.net@localhost |