Re: Printing question

On Tue, 5 Feb 2008 22:00:29 -0800 (PST)
Paul Goyette <paul%whooppee.com@localhost> wrote:

> I'd still like to make plain-text printing work if I could just figure
> out how to insert the go-back-to-left-margin command!
An input filter shell script in /etc/printcap with somthing like

        exec /usr/pkg/bin/recode latin9..ibmpc

may do the trick.

BTW: mDNS (aka Apple Bonjour, aka IP Zeroconf) and UPnP are two
protocols to facilitate automatic discovery of serices on the local
network. E.g. if you use a Bonjour / Zeroconf enabled web browser and
browse the "local network" you will get a list of all devices on the
local net that run a HTTP service and advertise it via mDNS.
--

tschüß,
       Jochen