Re: Xorg keymap and wskbd keymap

I wrote:

> Umm, there is something wrong around my source tree.
>
> I confirmed my changes by only updating kbd_drv.so.1 module binary,
> but once after I update and build all X binary sets, wskbd GETMAP keymap
> stops working even though it prints keymap info in Xorg.0.log. :-(

Okay, I've managed to get it working again.

I'm not sure how it worked before, but it looks the default XKB map
(which is xfree86) overwrites a prepared keymap provided by WSKBDIO_GETMAP
and specifying the "empty" XKB model (Option "XkbModel" "empty") leaves
a keymap passed from xf86-input-keyboard driver as is.

On the other hand, I've also checked how I can write XKB config file
for Dreamcast keyboard, and now it seems also working even without
any xf86-input-keyboard changes.

Should I just use this MD keycodes file, or is it still better
to also import the "generating XKeysym from wsksym via WSKBDIO_GETMAP"
patch for other orphaned machines?

---
Izumi Tsutsui