Re: colorls in base

On 2019-02-15 21:47, Kamil Rytarowski wrote:
> Colors nowadays are industry standard and increase readability.

  I dislike colored ls with a passion simply because each time I use a
new Linux system, I can't see the very dark blue directory entries on
black background (in particular if there are other brighter colors
around).  I asked about this on IRC years ago and they told me that
people use gnome-terminal with a white background, and it works fine
there (which indeed it does).

   That's the kind of thing that I'm afraid is going to happen here.  I
realize it's impossible to cater to everyone's tastes/needs, but that's
the nice thing about the "monochrome" output -- it's the least common
denominator; while not optimal for those who want colors, it doesn't
hinder anyone from getting things done.  Not being able to see directory
entries, on the other hand, is a direct hindrance.

   I don't see why anyone would disagree with the proposal to add
colorls disabled by default though.  If the default color scheme doesn't
suck, I'll even give it try myself.

--
Kind Regards,
Jan Danielsson