Re: colorls in base

On 2/15/19 3:20 PM, Christos Zoulas wrote:
The kernel is already using green, and recently we added "autoconfiguration
error" to highlight errors. Shouldn't we (in addition) make those lines red?

Please not. Red (esp. dark read) will be difficult to read for me. I'm color blind.

I'm also opposing the colorls change. Not on the grounds that it might add bload, but because I'm afraid that in a few years from now - if the code is already there - the defalt will be changed to have colors enabled. And then NetBSD will look as ugly as a contemporary fresh Linux install.

I also regret that monochrome monitors aren't being offered anymore. But that's another issue...

regards,
chris