Re: colorls in base

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 05:58:36PM +0100, Christian Groessler wrote:
> On 2/15/19 3:20 PM, Christos Zoulas wrote:
> > The kernel is already using green, and recently we added "autoconfiguration
> > error" to highlight errors. Shouldn't we (in addition) make those lines red?
>

> Please not. Red (esp. dark read) will be difficult to read for me. I'm color
> blind.

I find that argument strange. The normal cases of color "blindness" I
know make it difficult to *distingiush* colors. The most common case
being the red/green blindness that good chunk of the male population
enjoys. That just means that color shouldn't be the only way to encode
information. In this case, the color doesn't take anything away from
you. You are no worse off than before, e.g. you have to run additional
commands or long format to figure out what are subdirectories etc.

Joerg