Re: Importing tmux into base

On Fri, Feb 11, 2011 at 01:47:32PM -0500, D'Arcy J.M. Cain wrote:
> On Fri, 11 Feb 2011 12:12:20 -0600
> David Young <dyoung%pobox.com@localhost> wrote:
> > The reason that I like for Postfix and BIND and lots of other programs
> > to be in base is that I can create practical NetBSD applications that
> > run those programs on machines where I would not ever want to build
> > those programs, machines such as embedded ARM / MIPS machines.
>
> But you don't have to build them.  Install the packages.  You need to

I'll tell you what: you make pkgsrc seamlessly cross-compile (I am
talking about something reliable and checked in, suitable for general
use without huge gyrations by the person trying to do the cross-compilation
for a new environment), and then I suspect those of us doing embedded
development with NetBSD will be much more inclined to listed to claims
about not having to build X or Y in the tree.

Until you step up and do that, however...!

Thor