Re: Importing tmux into base

On Wed, 9 Feb 2011 08:23:48 -0500 (EST)
der Mouse <mouse%Rodents-Montreal.ORG@localhost> wrote:
> >> Why is tmux so essential to import another programm into base?
> > Essential programs should be in base, not in pkgsrc.
>
> True.  But you may note that the question was not "should this
> essential program be in base?" but rather "why is this program so
> essential?".

I wondered that as well.  Certainly screen is the second package I
install (right after bash) but I don't find that to be an onerous
task.  I think that "essential" would have to at least include the
requirement that it is used by some scripts in the installation or
default startup.  I don't see how a startup script would find firing up
a screen session necessary.

> If "because _I_ find it essential" is reason enough, I've got at least
> a dozen programs to add to base myself.

Me too.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>