Re: PSD, SMM and USD manuals [was: Re: Shell tutorial added]

On Wed, 25 Aug 2010 01:37:36 +0700
Robert Elz <kre%munnari.OZ.AU@localhost> wrote:

>     Date:        Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:29:11 +0300
>     From:        Jukka Ruohonen <jruohonen%iki.fi@localhost>
>
>   | and I think it is important to note that these legacy documents are
>   | among the few reasons why groff is needed at all.
>
> In base perhaps, but "at all" I certainly hope not, I still use *roff
> for everything I write (everything that needs any particular formatting).
> [...]

If I understand, mdocml processes roff style macros as well, but only
supports the mdoc macros (no mman, etc)?

If that is the case, and groff was to no longer be part of the base
system, I tend to see third party packages install man-formatted man
pages; would pkgsrc then install the groff suite so that their manual
pages can be read?  Or would their man pages somehow be converted to
mdoc at install time?

Thanks,
--
Matt