Re: PSD, SMM and USD manuals [was: Re: Shell tutorial added]

    Date:        Tue, 24 Aug 2010 20:29:11 +0300
    From:        Jukka Ruohonen <jruohonen%iki.fi@localhost>

  | and I think it is important to note that these legacy documents are
  | among the few reasons why groff is needed at all.

In base perhaps, but "at all" I certainly hope not, I still use *roff
for everything I write (everything that needs any particular formatting).

I know I should learn TeX, but I never have, and I'm not sure the effort
would be justified any more (had I done it 15 years ago perhaps, but now??)

That is, I write letters using *roff, I write papers using *roff, I
create exams for students using *roff, ... you imagine anything that
appears on paper (code listings excepted, and even for those I use one
of the *grind scripts which produces *roff ...) and I probably use *roff
for it.

kre