Re: tn3270, mset and map3270

On 03/03/10 13:30, ITOH Yasufumi wrote:
> In article <>
> writes:
>> On 02/03/10 12:25, ITOH Yasufumi wrote:
>>> I am requesting improvement of the terminfo and termcap implementation
>>> to make termcap flexible as before.
>> Where is termcap not as flexible as it was before?
>> Please give specific examples.
> Our termcap(3) was independent of termcap(5).
> That is, we could use any extension capabilities not listed in termcap(5),
> and, though it is not a good manner, we could even use capabilities
> listed in termcap(5) for different types and purposes.
> example:
>       :AA=2ndsetup:hz#100:
>               tgetstr("AA", &ptr) => "2ndsetup"
>               tgetnum("hz") => 100

Putting this in terminfo
    AA=2ndsetup, hz#100,

and giving tic the -x flag (compile in non-standard values, which is the
default when the system database is built and when TERMINFO is evaluated)

tgetstr("AA", &ptr) => "2ndsetup"
tgetnum("hz") => 100

Still works.

tigetstr("AA") => "2ndsetup"
tigetnum("hz") => 100

terminfo calls.

This is all documented in termcap(3), terminfo(3) and terminfo(5) which
I assume you've still not read.