Re: tn3270, mset and map3270

In article <> writes:

> On 02/03/10 12:25, ITOH Yasufumi wrote:
> > I am requesting improvement of the terminfo and termcap implementation
> > to make termcap flexible as before.
> Where is termcap not as flexible as it was before?
> Please give specific examples.

Our termcap(3) was independent of termcap(5).

That is, we could use any extension capabilities not listed in termcap(5),
and, though it is not a good manner, we could even use capabilities
listed in termcap(5) for different types and purposes.

                tgetstr("AA", &ptr) => "2ndsetup"
                tgetnum("hz") => 100

ITOH Yasufumi