Re: wedge like devices and newfs

On Jun,Tuesday 2 2009, at 6:56 PM, David Laight wrote:

On Tue, Jun 02, 2009 at 12:25:30PM +0200, Adam Hamsik wrote:

Ah I see, sorry. Problem is that e.g. for newfs information in
wedge_info are not enough. For working newfs you need DIOCGDINFO
because otherwise it will not know sector size.

An, IIRC, for FAT the offset of the partition on the actual media.

I think that this can be found in struct dkwedge_info, too. At least when I tested newfs_msdos on dm device it worked fine.

Regards

Adam.