Re: SoC: Improve syslogd

Hi,

I am looking for use cases for TLS protected syslog. There is a new
discussion on the IETF mailing list[1] of what must be supported by
the standard and what not. I would like to base that discussion on
actual use cases. That will help drive the relevant syslog standard
into the right direction, what is necessary to make sure that TLS
implementation will focus on the real-world needs. I have set up a
wiki page for this:

http://wiki.rsyslog.com/index.php/TLS_for_syslog_use_cases

I would appreciate contributions, preferably by direct wiki edits. But
you may also simply mail me and I can integrate it.

Please provide feedback, it is extremely useful to get things done
correctly. And as it looks, this must be settled quickly...

Rainer