Re: Perl5 update

On Fri, May 30, 2014 at 09:42:32AM +0900, OBATA Akio wrote:
> And following also should be done:
> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-pkg/2013/11/22/msg012262.html

I've done step 5 (or 1? what's the difference?) of that now -- for all
existing CONFLICTS lines, I've fixed the pattern to match the corelist
output. I had to remove one line because the package was removed from
core, and added one line, because it was added to core
(p5-experimental).

I don't understand the "old for" lines, so I didn't touch them. What
do they mean, can you please explain?

There are many more corelist changes than those for existing CONFLICTS
lines. How did you find out if any of them affect existing packages
when you last did that?

Are there volunteers for steps 2 and 3?

2: update p5-* packages that are now older than perl core (bulk builds
will tell us about them)

3: fix DEPENDS for packages depending on packages now in perl core

 Thomas