Re: broken packages for 2012Q3

On Fri, Sep 28, 2012 at 09:57:50AM +0200, John Marino wrote:
 > >  >  >devel/stlport         severe C++ issues
 > >  >
 > >  >  This one seriously should be removed.
 > >  >  I've tried twice to update it to the latest version (5.3 or
 > >  >  something like that) and it needs widespread patching on all
 > >  >  platforms.  Even 5.3 has been abandoned for 5 years, nothing uses
 > >  >  it.  IMO, it's not worth pursuing.
 > >
 > >Someone led me to believe it was, actually, still maintained. If it
 > >isn't, let's kill it.
 >
 > The LLVM guys were evaluating c++ libraries before deciding to roll
 > their own.  A big reason STLport was rejected was that all work on
 > trunk had halted 4 years earlier.  It's dead.  The other reason I
 > recall was c++11 support wasn't even started.

Based on this:

http://sourceforge.net/projects/stlport/forums/forum/490892/topic/4766219

it looks like to the extent there's still any upstream activity (which
looks to be minimal) upstream's also decided they don't care about
releases.

I'm going to mark it broken and put it on my list to remove.

 > >=>  Checking for missing run-time search paths in tcl-expat-1.1nb6
 > >ERROR: lib/tcl/TclExpat-1.1/tclexpat.so: missing library: libtcl85.so
 >

 > I did fix it, here and here:
 >
 > >http://pkgsrc.se/files.php?messageId=20120821215815.055A3175DD%cvs.netbsd.org@localhost
 > >http://pkgsrc.se/files.php?messageId=20120823170353.D05C5175DD%cvs.netbsd.org@localhost

Those are different issues...

 > >  >  >comms/asterisk10      PLIST divergence on chan_mgcp.so
 > >  >  >comms/asterisk18      PLIST divergence on chan_mgcp.so
 > >  >
 > >  >  This can be fixed with a "gross hack" for NetBSD and DragonFly, but
 > >  >  I fear the attempt to fix this will simply be reverted and
 > >  >  DragonFly will be left broken for Q3.
 > >
 > >Right, with the various circumstances I think this is just going to be
 > >broken. (Sigh.) It is broken on NetBSD as well as on dfly, btw.
 >

 > I wouldn't fret.  If the fix is reverted (as I suspect will
 > happen), NetBSD will be fine.  It's "only" DragonFly users that
 > will lose out.

I don't see why -- it is broken on NetBSD now, if you hack in a fix
and the fix gets reverted, it will still be broken.

--
David A. Holland
dholland%netbsd.org@localhost