Re: pkg_tarup inclusion in pkg_create

On Wed, Jan 04, 2012 at 09:40:55AM -0500, Greg Troxel wrote:
> Also, I think it's better for make replace to error out if pkg_tarup is
> not present; one just builds it manually and then continues.  Personally
> I don't often use the tarred-up old packages, but it is useful when
> debugging packages.  And/Or a 'REPLACE_USE_TARUP?= yes' that can be set by
> the user.

Two minor nits:
 - I never ever used a tared up pkg, so from my POV that space/time is wasted
   and I would like an option to avoid it.
 - make replace sometimes takes ages untill it fails due to a missing
   pkg_tarup (happened to me today when trying to replace a stock perl
   with a debugable version - don't ask me why perl seems to completely
   build from scratch for that)

Martin