package maintainers vs owners

        Some package maintainers would like anyone else who wants to
        change the package to check with them first, while others are
        happy to have anyong update the package, but are available as
        a "in case you have questions" facility.

        I'd like to suggest we add a new pkgsrc value "OWNER" for
        the first, and leave MAINTAINER for the second.

        pkglint would be updated to ensure a package had one or the
        other set.

        see previous discussion results at:

        http://wiki.netbsd.se/MAINTAINER

        So far I've had two positive responses to this suggestion.