Re: package maintainers vs owners

On Mon, 28 Apr 2008, David Brownlee wrote:
        Some package maintainers would like anyone else who wants to
        change the package to check with them first, while others are
        happy to have anyong update the package, but are available as
        a "in case you have questions" facility.

        I'd like to suggest we add a new pkgsrc value "OWNER" for
        the first, and leave MAINTAINER for the second.

        pkglint would be updated to ensure a package had one or the
        other set.

        see previous discussion results at:

        So far I've had two positive responses to this suggestion.

Add me too. I think MAINTAINER vs OWNER gives the clearest distinction out of the alternatives discussed (e.g. MAINTAINER vs CARETAKER).