Re: wpi0: radio is disabled by hardware switch

On Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 01:52:53PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 12:23:59PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> > As I understand it, pmf_event_inject() is for communications between
> > kernel components
>
> Sometimes messages make sense to both kernel and userland (some
> only if there is no powerd listening). Having a single event injection
> interface would be great.
>
> The hack in athn is just there since no easy other solution was available
> at that time: the hardware powers off some parts of the chip when the toggle
> is pressed, independently of what the driver does. If the driver ignores
> the change, it will run into lots of timeouts accesing the chip later.
>
> If we defer the final decision via powerd/userland and an event script, the
> driver will need to grow an internal "I am actually off" flag, but that is ok.

I'm not sure that the final descision to power off needs to be defered.
In the case of athn, the various frontends can pass a pmf events to the
MI Backend, and the MI backend send the envsys event.

I want to report radio button events to userland not to power off the
interface, but to configure it when the button is turned on