Re: wpi0: radio is disabled by hardware switch

On Wed, Dec 03, 2014 at 12:23:59PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> As I understand it, pmf_event_inject() is for communications between
> kernel components

Sometimes messages make sense to both kernel and userland (some
only if there is no powerd listening). Having a single event injection
interface would be great.

The hack in athn is just there since no easy other solution was available
at that time: the hardware powers off some parts of the chip when the toggle
is pressed, independently of what the driver does. If the driver ignores
the change, it will run into lots of timeouts accesing the chip later.

If we defer the final decision via powerd/userland and an event script, the
driver will need to grow an internal "I am actually off" flag, but that is ok.

Martin