Re: wpi0: radio is disabled by hardware switch

On 02/12/2014 14:07, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> On Tue, Dec 02, 2014 at 02:19:43PM +0100, Martin Husemann wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 02, 2014 at 01:47:38PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
>>> it seems that this cause athn to go down when it gets a radio off event,
>>> but it doesn't seem to generate itself such and event. Or did I miss
>>> something ?
>>
>> Yes, and that shuts up dhcpcd.
>
> I can't see where dhcpcd looks at the event. I guess it shuts up because the
> interface goes down.

Correct.

dhcpcd only cares about the interface status (up/down/unknown) as
reported by kernel events.

Should turning the radio on trigger an interface up event?
My iwi(4) doesn't do this sadly, and there doesn't seem to be any way to
hook into it either which is annoying.

Roy