Re: wpi0: radio is disabled by hardware switch

On Tue, Dec 02, 2014 at 10:19:56PM +0100, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
> Now I'm confused; does powerd gets notifications from pmf_inject_event() ?
> I though it gets only envsys(4) events.

I thought pmf would (or could) forward them to envsys, but it is the
other way around: sysmon forwards some events to pmf:

sysmon_power.c: pmf_event_inject(NULL, PMFE_CHASSIS_LID_CLOSE);

We could do the same for the new event you are considering and replace
the current pmf_event_inject() calls with the new equivalent (I guess there
are only two or so of them).

But somehow this all sounds messy and could use a clearer design; something
like all in-kernel events are converted to pmf_event_inject() and sysmon
listens for them and forwards the relevant ones to powerd.

Martin