Re: EEEpc 1015 mumble

On Sun, Jan 16, 2011 at 6:19 AM, Ignatios Souvatzis
<presse%ycm-bonn.de@localhost> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 09:52:53PM -0500, fire crow wrote:
>> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 9:35 PM, fire crow <fire%firecrow.com@localhost>
>> wrote:

>> > we could say
>> >
>> > Acer Aspire One Ethernet (AR8132)
>> >
>> > Apply the patches on the mailing list, and then monkey around a lot
>> > until it works, but I think until its in the current branch, it still
>> > falls more under "unsuported" than "supported".
>> >
>> > or it may be a good idea to have a third label "experimental" and then
>> > a link to a page of updates and links to patches and things.
>>
>> oh, I see the wiki links now in the comments, I can fill in a wiki
>> page of what worked for me, how can I get a wiki user, or should I
>> submit the content to a member to post on my behalf.
>>
>> I'm on another laptop model asus ul50vt, not necessarily a netbook,
>> but it has the AR8132 network card that uses alc0.
>
> Uhm, does it do anything more than a lot of "phy read timeout"s?
>
>        -is

yeah it works, and is how I can email you now :)

posted some stats about my machine here, you probably received it
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-net/2011/01/16/msg002412.html

I knew it was working when I saw if_alc0.c compiling while compiling the kernel

then when dmesg showed alc0 was the next success

I think it showed up under "infconfig -a" after that.

then when I set up my gateway and nameservers, which I still have to
do manually,
was when it worked.

+
| fire crow