Re: EEEpc 1015 mumble

On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 9:35 PM, fire crow <fire%firecrow.com@localhost> wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 15, 2011 at 5:24 AM, Julio Merino <jmmv84%gmail.com@localhost>
> wrote:

>>> Added that to a netbsd-5-1 kernel, after adding 4 PCIE definitions
>>> the kernel compiles and links but booting from ALC on the 1008HA
>>> gives read timeouts for phy register accesses.
>>>
>>> Time for some scrutinizing, but a lot of sleep first.
>>
>> Can any of you guys update the "NetBSD on Netbooks" page at:
>>
>>    http://www.netbsd.org/ports/i386/netbook.html
>>
>> to include the models you mention?  (the 1015 something, 1015PEM and
>> 1008HA)?
>>
>> (... or, if you don't feel like so, provide me the required details so I can
>> do it?)
>
> we could say
>
> Acer Aspire One Ethernet (AR8132)
>
> Apply the patches on the mailing list, and then monkey around a lot
> until it works, but I think until its in the current branch, it still
> falls more under "unsuported" than "supported".
>
> or it may be a good idea to have a third label "experimental" and then
> a link to a page of updates and links to patches and things.

oh, I see the wiki links now in the comments, I can fill in a wiki
page of what worked for me, how can I get a wiki user, or should I
submit the content to a member to post on my behalf.

I'm on another laptop model asus ul50vt, not necessarily a netbook,
but it has the AR8132 network card that uses alc0.

+
| fire crow
| computer programmer

  http://firecrow.com, fire%firecrow.com@localhost, 917.306.9451, New York