Re: Atheros Wireless cards (CardBus slots)

Hi Victor,

On Wed, Jul 22, 2009 at 3:31 AM, Victor Dorneanu<>
> Oh.. Thanks for that information! It would be great if somebody would update
> the man page. At least you should mention the opensource HAL.
it is already:

"Chip-specific support is provided by the Atheros Hardware Access Layer (HAL)."

>> we should support additionally AR2413, AR5413, AR5424, AR2417, AR5416,
>> AR9160, AR9280 and AR9285 (reference taken from the HAL source).
> So I'll have to enable "ath_hal" in my kernel, right? Where can I found this
> HAL aka firmware? Is there any documentation ("reference taken from the HAL
> source")?
You shouldn't have to worry about the HAL, it is included in the build
when ath(4) is present in the config file.

 - Arnaud