Re: Atheros Wireless cards (CardBus slots)

Hi,

On Tue, Jul 21, 2009 at 3:53 AM, Victor Dorneanu<victor%dornea.nu@localhost>
wrote:
> Hello tech-net!
>
> I'd like to purchase a new Atheros-based WLAN card, which should be used
> along with the CardBus slot. I took a look at the Atheros driver manpage
> (man 4 ath):

D'oh! ... I didn't though to update the man page when we switched to
the opensource HAL.

>   a) At the moment following chipsets are supported: AR5210, AR5211, AR5212,
> and AR5213
>   b) There are indeed some cards supported by the ath driver, but the list
> isn't up-to-date (October 14, 2006)

we should support additionally AR2413, AR5413, AR5424, AR2417, AR5416,
AR9160, AR9280 and AR9285 (reference taken from the HAL source).

> Which one do you use?

my laptop has an AR5413, mostly stable despite some rare bug which
bring the network down (should have happen 2 or 3 times in the eight
past month). For those bugs, though, I'd more accuse ath(4) than the
HAL.

 - Arnaud