Re: NetBSD kernel modules.

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010, John Nemeth wrote:

> On Apr 28, 10:22am, Piotr Adamus wrote:
> }
> } I have one simple question: is it possible to compile these drivers
> } into modules only: sdhc, ubt, uaudio? At this moment I don't have
> } NetBSD installed. These drivers don't have suspend support enabled.
>
>      There is a module for uaudio, but there are no modules for sdhc
> and ubt.  Kernel modules are a work in progress and driver modules even
> more so.  You're best bet if you don't need them, is to remove them
> from your kernel.

I am not sure but in the old days (when I wrote ubt), there was not really
any need for specific suspend support in ubt because USB devices were just
detached upon suspend events. Is the USB stack any different now? I
confess, I don't use suspend..

In any case, there is plenty of state about the current Bluetooth
connections that is held inside the controller and would be lost if the
device was powered down with no way that I know of to reinstate it, not to
mention that devices would likely be out of range after awakening, so I
don't really know how much code would be useful there anyway.

What is it that is missing?

iain