Re: Dead ports [Re: config(5) break down]

On Fri, Mar 19, 2010 at 05:30:43PM -0400, Thor Lancelot Simon wrote:

> Cavium and Raza (Now "NetLogic") both have low-core-count parts in
> the way sub-$100 price range.  Same basic architecture as the big
> parts (these aren't their cut-down 32-bit parts), just less cores and
> less goodies.
>
> Even the very bottom of the line parts typically still have multiple
> GigE interfaces on them and various other highly useful stuff.

FYI -- and I doubt you could really buy just one of these at this price --
http://avnetexpress.avnet.com/store/em/EMController/Network-Processor/Cavium-Networks/CN5220-500BG729-SCP-Y-G/_/R-8960980/A-8960980/An-0?action=part&catalogId=500201&langId=-1&storeId=500201

Some of the other things I've been talking about have lower pricing in
the real world than this does.

Thor