Re: (Semi-random) thoughts on device tree structure and devfs

>> have pseudo0 attach at mainbus0 [...]
>> I did this because I needed a struct device
> That's what attach_pseudo does...

I probably could have done it that way, but it looked easier to do it
as a pseudo-bus, and for the purposes at the time, the method didn't
matter all that much.

> I think it makes sense to have some way to create a device hierarchy
> without pretending that it is connected to the platform's physical
> main bus.

mainbus0 does not necessarily correspond to any physical bus.  There is
other precedent for things in the autoconf tree that do not correspond
to anything physical, such as wsdisplay.  (Or, more precisely,
corresponds to the same physical thing as something else.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign