Re: (Semi-random) thoughts on device tree structure and devfs

>> I think the "pseudo-device" abstraction is unnecessary

> I think it makes sense, because it allows to limit use of the
> interface-attribute-less "root" to a minimum.  There is a reason that
> many/most ports use just one "mainbus" at root.

That doesn't make the pseudo-device abstraction necessary.  I've
sometimes wondered why pseudo-devices weren't handled by creating a
pseudo-bus for them to attach at; I did that once, and it was no more
than an afternoon's work to have pseudo0 attach at mainbus0 and then my
device attach at pseudo0.  (I did this because I needed a struct
device, but there's no reason it couldn't have been done instead of
creating pseudo-devices as we know them today.)

\ / Ribbon Campaign