Re: 4.0 chroots, threading, and builds

    Date:        Mon, 29 Sep 2008 21:56:34 +0200
    From:        Quentin Garnier <>

  | So you never use IPFilter or pf on your machines?

No, I don't.   Firewalls are done elsewhere.   But yes I absolutely
detest the way that new ipf requires new user tools (I didn't know
that pf was the same).  That is deplorable.

  | Yes, Bill has done some tremendous work, and deserved to be thanked, but
  | let's also keep in mind that 5.0's brilliance will have a lot to do with
  | Andrew's work, too.

On the latter I don't yet know anything to say, and if the revivesa
stiff isn't there, I may never find out.   If I have to switch to
something that's incompatible, I may just make a bigger switch than
just version numbers.