Re: System goes into complete hang

On Mon, 7 Apr 2008 08:55:25 -0400
"Greg A. Woods; Planix, Inc." <woods%planix.ca@localhost> wrote:
> > Isn't that for compile time checks?  I am going to start by removing
> > DIAGNOSTIC since that one specifies kernel checking.
>
> I haven't played audio on a netbsd-based machine in a few months (my
> NAS-capable X station is not set up since my move), and I've never
> played audio on a netbsd machine with a built-in audio device, but I
> can assure you that neither DEBUG nor DIAGNOSTICS are causes of any
> major slowdowns, and neither has ever affected normal audio playback
> via NAS over the network.

Perhaps I wasn't clear.  The audio stutter is just the most obvious
symptom.  The entire system goes dead for a moment approx. every
32.63157 seconds.  Playing music and tracking when it stops was how I
worked out that number but everything goes dead.  I can't even get caps
lock to work for that moment.  In fact, it is exactly like a mini
version of the problem that this thread is about.  I don't have to be
playing music to see the problem.  It is much deeper than that.

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/