Re: System goes into complete hang (Was: Is amd64 ready for the desktop?)

On Tue, 1 Apr 2008 00:27:28 -0400
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <> wrote:
> OK so I have now switched back to i386 and I still have the same
> problem.  It's like the interrupt system just turns off.  I am trying
> to figure out how to debug this without a kcore or any way to drop into
> the debugger.

Help!  It happened again this morning.  It's going to trash my file
system if this keeps up.

Perhaps I have a hardware problem.  Has anyone seen this behaviour due
to faulty hardware?

D'Arcy J.M. Cain <>