Re: System goes into complete hang

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 16:46:16 -0400
"D'Arcy J.M. Cain" <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost> wrote:
> Here's something.  I have all those debug variables turned on and now
> my system hangs for a moment approximately every 32.63158 seconds.  It
> comes right back but it is very weird.  I know thaat this is new
> because playing music stops for a moment when this happens and I listen
> to music on the system all the time with no problem.  Is this because of
> the debug variables?

This is driving me nuts.  I have to get rid of that stop every 32.63158
seconds.  Here are the variables hat I turned on.  Can someone tell me
which one(s) might be causing the stop?

options     DIAGNOSTIC  # expensive kernel consistency checks
options     DEBUG       # expensive debugging checks/support
options     KMEMSTATS   # kernel memory statistics (vmstat -m)
options     DDB     # in-kernel debugger
options     DDB_ONPANIC=1   # see also sysctl(8): `ddb.onpanic'
options     DDB_HISTORY_SIZE=512    # enable history editing in DDB
makeoptions DEBUG="-g"  # compile full symbol table
options LOCKDEBUG

By the way, since turning all the above on I haven't had the hang.
Since I always build with the most current sources perhaps someone did
something recently to fix the system hang.  Anyone want to 'fess up?

--
D'Arcy J.M. Cain <darcy%NetBSD.org@localhost>
http://www.NetBSD.org/