Re: Xen Clustering and Live Migration with NetBSD Dom0

On Thu, 22 Sep 2011 14:30:58 +0100 (BST), Stephen Borrill wrote:
I tried a -current domU with XenServer and in conjunction with a
patch to enable /kern/xen/xenbus, I fed XenServer all the right info
for it to accept NetBSD as a supported guest (thus enabling migrate,
suspend, memory ballooning, etc.). When I tried to migrate, it sent
through a sleep button press on xenbus which I guess would need to be
caught by powerd to action a suspend within the domU. Is there
something within the NetBSD domU to do this?

Yes; I made a modification to -current where powerd(8) is "enabled" by default when you are in the following situation:
- running under Xen
- i386 or amd64 host

http://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/etc/etc.amd64/rc.conf.append
http://nxr.netbsd.org/xref/src/etc/powerd/scripts/sleep_button#22

However, this is only the case with an up-to-datish userland; so unless you have updated it recently, you have to turn on powerd in rc.conf(5) explicitly.

--
Jean-Yves Migeon
jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost