Re: Xen Clustering and Live Migration with NetBSD Dom0

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 07:51:40PM +0100, Hugo Silva wrote:
> Fellow BSDers,
>

> I've been looking into this [subject] topic recently. Found some dated
> information about live migration not being supported on NetBSD.
>
> Is that still the case?

yes, it's still the case but see below

> What options do we have at this moment to build
> a Xen cluster running NetBSD/Xen ? Does anyone have personal experience
> with this? If it's not supported is it a target of interest?

This is being worked on by jym@ in a branch, which should be merged
to HEAD soon.

Note that for live migration you also need some shared storage,
and this is a separate issue. A SAN will work; I guess using something
like glusterfs to store disk images would work too, but having a real
replicated block device would be nice ...