Re: web sites concerning networking with xen+netbsd

On Tue, 28 Jul 2009, Manuel Bouyer wrote:
On Wed, Jul 15, 2009 at 09:38:42AM +0100, Stephen Borrill wrote:
Use one bridge for the three XP domUs and use one bridge for each of the
five other domains. Alternatively route the five domains with their own
IP-Addresses.

I've had no joy in getting vlans to work. I tried creating the vlans in
the dom0s and checked that they worked. I then created bridges onto the
vlans and used those as normal in the domUs, but it just didn't work.
Some traffic got through, e.g. you'd see some arp traffic, but nothing
else.

This is the kind of setup I'm using and didn't have any problems
(a bridge on the physical inerface won't work if there are also vlans on
this physical interface though).

Ah, I expect that's where I was falling down. It was a while ago that I last tried, but I think I had bridge0 on the physical interface and then bridge0 on vlan0 which was on the physical interface too. I'll try again and segregate them this time.

Did you enable features like hardware checkums on the physical interface ?

No. Should I have?

--
Stephen