Re: web sites concerning networking with xen+netbsd

Sam Fourman Jr. wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 14, 2009 at 7:01 PM, Greg Troxel<gdt%ir.bbn.com@localhost> wrote:
>> Michael Litchard <michael%schmong.org@localhost> writes:
>>
>>> I want to set up routing in my xen network. I would appreciate any web
>>> sites people may know about concerning this.
>>> I think I'm missing the trees for the forest in my google searches.
>> The basic building block is a pair of interfaces, xvifN.M in the dom0
>> and xennetM in a domU, and each pair is on an a virtual Ethernet with no
>> other interfaces.
>>
>> So you can have the dom0 route, or bridge, or vlan, or whatever, exactly
>> as if this were all physical.
>>
>> I handle this by bridging on the dom0 and having each domU appear as if
>> it is on the same Ethernet as the dom0's physical interface.
>>
>> What are you trying to do?
>
> I personally would like a recipe to have 3 domu Wondows XP machines
> see each other, and 5 more domu's be totally independent not able to
> see each others traffic.

Use one bridge for the three XP domUs and use one bridge for each of the
five other domains. Alternatively route the five domains with their own
IP-Addresses.

> and also a little OT is there a xen GUI manager of some sort to create
> manage and migrate domu's
> between different dom0's ?

You may try XenSource' Xenserver. I'm not sure if you have NetBSD as
Dom0 then.

Christoph