Re: Xen 3.3 News

On Wed, 16 Jul 2008 18:51:19 +1000
"Sarton O'Brien" <bsd-xen%roguewrt.org@localhost> wrote:

> Curt Sampson wrote:
> > On 2008-07-16 17:03 +1000 (Wed), Sarton O'Brien wrote:
> >
> >> First do a NetBSD/i386 or NetBSD/amd64  installation of the 4.0
> >> release (or newer: for Xen3 amd64 you'll need NetBSD-current from
> >> December 2007 or newer)
> >>
> >> Which implies you need current for Xen3.
> >
> > It implied you need current for *amd64* Xen3. I'm using i386, and
> > Xen 3.1 works just fine.
>
> You said AMD box, I assumed. My fault. You also originally said you
> had issues with 3.1 so maybe I haven't assisted at all.
>
> >> http://mail-index.netbsd.org/port-xen/2008/05/12/msg003706.html
> >
> > That would seem to say I'm fine if I don't want to do HVM guests.
>
> Well, it may imply that.
>
> Either way, I'm just giving you what info I have. I'm pretty much
> exhausted. There doesn't seem to be anything that definitively says
> what incompatibilities exist, nor between which versions of
> xentools/dom0/domu ... but there are some.

Yes, you can run the latest xentools on 4.0/i386.  I haven't tried
HVM guests.
----------

EMU# pkg_info xentools3 | head -1
Information for xentools3-3.1.4:
EMU# uname -a
NetBSD EMU.machshav.com 4.0_STABLE NetBSD 4.0_STABLE (EMU-DOM0) #3: Sat May 24
18:13:18 GMT 2008
smb%juniata.machshav.com@localhost:/usr/msrc/BUILD/obj/sys/arch/i386/compile/EMU-DOM0
 i386
EMU# xm list
Name                                        ID   Mem VCPUs      State   Time(s)
Domain-0                                     0   128     1     r-----  83773.8
juniata                                     12   384     1     -b----  26539.5
machshav                                    13   512     1     -b----   9777.6
ns1                                         14   128     1     -b----   2186.4