Re: Xen 3.3 News

> On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 11:20:57PM +0200, Christoph Egger wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Xen is in feature freeze now for stabilizing.
> > Xen 3.3.0 is scheduled for August to get out.
> >
> > Changes over Xen 3.2:
> >
> > - Dropped non-PAE support
> > - Dropped powerpc support
> > - Improved ACPI S3 support (mostly bugfixes)
> > - Added ACPI S3 support to HVM guests
> > - Added Powermanagement: Cx-States and Px-States
> >   (Cx-States added by Intel, Px-States via PowerNow added by AMD)
> > - Added Machine Check Support
> > - Some improvements in getting NUMA support
> >   (Xen 3.4.0 will have NUMA for real)

I forgot one item:

     - Added support for variable page-sizes. That means,
       Xen uses 2MB pages whereever possible.

> > There will also be Xen 3.2.2 release which is another
> > bugfix release of Xen 3.2.x series.
>
> By the way, what is the state of your Xen 3.2 packages ?

The status is that I can't launch HVM guests because the qemu-dm
process doesn't get launched. I did not yet figure out why.
Once I can run HVM guests, the Xen 3.2 packages are ready to go
into pkgsrc.

Christoph