Re: Help about installing NetBSD on a VAXstation 4000/90 (Cougar)

On Thu, May 03, 2018 at 10:21:34AM +0100, David Brownlee wrote:
Silas - if you're not sure about the switch positions could you maybe
take a quick picture and send a link to the list?

I was sure S3 was at the right position until I talked to Ragge. The button is sunken and I cannot change it. A picture here: http://silas.net.br/tmp/s3.jpg

I thought it was at the right position because I get to the SRM prompt if I connect my VT520, but _only_ if I get the LCSPX card removed.

What I thought before:

* The LCSPX card is faulty and nothing appears on the console. If I remove the card I can access SRM via the console -> so S3 switch might be at the right position.

What I'm thinking now (after investigation and sugestions from Ragge):

* The S3 switch might be at the wrong position and that is why I don't get any output from the console if I have LCSPX plugged in. If I remove the LCSPX card, the system falls back to console as default input/output device and that is why I can access SRM via console.

I'm in the process of reading the VAXstation 4000/90 documentation and see if I can override the S3 button state somehow. As Ragge suggested, I compiled a kernel without spx but got no different results.

--
Silas