Re: Help about installing NetBSD on a VAXstation 4000/90 (Cougar)

On Sat, Apr 28, 2018 at 08:08:20AM +0300, Anders Magnusson wrote:
One question: is there any reason on why CD-ROM booting doesn't work out of the box if (apparently) the architecture supports booting from a CD-ROM?
No, it should "just work". And it seems to work for you, but the console output apparently ends up somewhere else?

The same that happened when trying to boot from CDROM, now happens when netbooting: after kernel checksum it just "hangs" and nothing happens. So it works but the console output ends up somewhere else? In amd64 (or i386) I could just provide some parameters to "boot" (setting console, for example) but boot prompt in VAX are rather simple: they accept only "boot", "halt" and "help".

I took a glance at the VAX 4000 Systems manuals and did a research but didn't figure out if there was an option I should change in SRM.

Can you help me with this?

Thanks.

--
Silas